Monday, August 29, 2005

CARTOON CAPTION CONTEST. The results are in!

For Contest #13 (oddly dressed man and woman cavorting in bed), the worthy winner is "This is why I love yard sales," by Scott Fitzpatrick of Westfield, NJ.

For Contest #15 (Gahan Wilson's guy with a woman's head emblazoned on his cranium), the three nominees have been chosen. It's pretty close, but I'm leaning toward Evan Butterfield's, "It may look like the Virgin Mary, but I don't see how you can sell it on eBay." The world can always use another eBay joke!

My own submission for #15 wasn't great. Here's what I should have submitted: "The picture's nice, but you need a funny caption." Oh well!

As for my question about Candidate #2, Caption #14, a friend informed me that it's a reference to the three little piggy story. I suspected as much, but I still think the caption leaves much to be desired.

No comments: