Saturday, August 27, 2005

EXPLAIN THAT TOON! Not long ago, The New Yorker changed its Cartoon Caption Contest from an annual event to a weekly one. That means there are about 50 more chances a year for me to win! But it also means there are just as many chances for me to lose!

For each cartoon, the magazine picks three candidates for a final vote. This week, the magazine offers candidates for Cartoon #14, which depicts two guys in suits walking behind a woman. One of the guys appears to be a werewolf.

Candidate #2 is “Four hundred grand in damages? It was made out of straw, for Chrissake!"

Okay, I admit it: I don't get it. If you do, please use the comments to explain. Make me laugh! And feel free to share your own caption for the cartoon, too. (My own losing entry was "Don't be afraid of Virginia, Wolf.")

No comments: