Monday, October 24, 2005

CARTOON CAPTION CONTEST CONTINUES! I was pretty happy with my caption for Robert Leighton's cartoon of two branch-perching butterflies (one "normal," the other with Mondrian-style wings): "This is a nice place, but I still prefer the Guggenheim." Still, on hindsight, I think it might have been better as, "You've got a nice place here, but I still prefer the Guggenheim."

Anyway, considering the Contest #23 nominees, you can understand why I prefer the one submitted by Ivan McLean of Portland, Oregon: "You think this is weird? My sister looks like a soup can." Nice.

In other caption contest news, a winner has been chosen for Contest #21 (guy in hunter suit aiming at deer on television). Once again, it's Blog About Town's favorite: “This is why I always dress in bright colors.” Kudos to Simon Fraser of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania...and Happy Hunting Season to your Nittany Valley neighbors!

Here's the latest pre-captioned cartoon.

No comments: