Friday, December 09, 2005

SO MUCH TO DO! Of course, this is only a tiny fraction of what one can do over the next few days. What are your recommendations?
X and Juliana Hatfield
Roseland Ballroom
Friday, December 9, 2005 at 6:45 pm
$34

Peter Bogdonavich hosts Rules of the Game and Neighbors
Anthology Film Archives
Friday, December 9, 2005 at 8:00 pm
FREE TIX AVAILABLE FROM 4:30 PM

25th Annual John Lennon Tribute
Clark Studio Theater, Samuel B. and David Rose Building
Friday, December 9, 2005 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 7:30 pm
$37.50 (Benefit)

Ken Jacobs presents Ontic Antics
Museum of the Moving Image
Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 2:00 pm
Museum Admission

Patti Smith hosts Au Hasard, Balthazar and Rabbit's Moon
Anthology Film Archives
Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 8:00 pm
FREE TIX AVAILABLE FROM 4:30 PM

Christine Vachon hosts Flaming Creatures and Pull My Daisy
Anthology Film Archives
Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 8:00 pm
FREE TIX AVAILABLE FROM 4:30 PM

Jane Alexander and Richard Kaplan at screening of The Eleanor Roosevelt Story (1965) and My Trip Abroad (1951)
Academy Theater at Lighthouse International
Monday, December 12, 2005 at 7:30 pm
$5/$3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, I'm responding too late to inspire anyone's choice on this, but I bit the punk nostalgia bullet^ and saw X in Baltimore on Tuesday. They were tight and crowd-pleasing, focusing exclusively on their first three (and best-loved) albums, and playing almost all of Los Angeles. No banter^^, but solid showmanship, especially John Doe, who I was in sweat-dripping distance of, stage left. I'm glad I went.

^ Since I've been in Baltimore, I've passed on the Pixies and Gang of Four and many others.

^^ Baltimore is the sleepy burgh that a teenaged Doe left for Los Angeles.

David Marc Fischer said...

I wonder if anyone from X repaired to the nearby Ye Olde Tripple Inn after the gig. It's not likely, I suppose, but it's fun to imagine the band showing up on the bar's last public night.