Monday, June 19, 2006

CARTOON CAPTION/ANTI-CAPTION CONTESTS CONTINUE! The winner of this week's Anti-Caption Contest #55 (poultry embracing on couch) is the awful
"I'm sorry Hiro, but my family would never let me date a cock Asian."
That's from mypalmike...who happens to host another caption contest: The Daily Random Web Image Caption Contest.

My losers:
"If you stop now, I won’t bill you."

"Have you been checked for avian flu?"

"This beats hanging around Chinatown!"

"Would you settle for a simple peck on the cheek?"

"Your pillows remind me: We haven’t played tic-tac-toe in a while."

"I can’t believe I’m making out with the tic-tac-toe champion of Chinatown!"

"You've got to let go of that egg thing. When you're with me, I come first."

Birds without feathers fuck together!
So many tries, so little success!

Over at The New Yorker, the winner of Caption Contest #52 (couple in rowboat encountering whale) is Kate Borowske of St. Paul, Minnesota, with
"Mind the whale, dear."
I can just imagine a Minnesotan saying that! Congrats to Kate, who put Minnesota on the map with the first win for the state.

As for the nominations for Caption Contest #54 (two guys in desert, one looking at wristwatch), they include this, from Michael Sievers of Charlottesville, Virginia:
"Maybe this thing isn't a compass."
Mine:
"I'm sure the 12 means 'north'."
Great minds....

Caption Contest #56 is here. Anti-Caption Contest #56 is here.

Here is the current New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest breakdown by state:
11 California

6 New York (all New York City)
6 Pennsylvania

3 Massachusetts
3 New Jersey

2 Illinois
2 North Carolina
2 Texas
2 Utah

1 Arizona
1 Connecticut
1 Georgia
1 Maryland
1 Minnesota
1 Mississippi
1 Missouri
1 New Hampshire
1 New Mexico
1 Ohio
1 Oklahoma
1 Oregon
1 Rhode Island
1 Vermont
1 Washington, DC
Map Introduction

Thanks to Andriy Bidochko for Map Builder. MyMaps at MapBuilder.net

Image by David Marc Fischer using Samsung cameraphone

No comments: