Tuesday, March 27, 2007

YOUTUBE AWARDS 2006. YouTube just ran a quickie contest for the best videos in seven categories. I didn't pay much attention to it, but now that the winners have been chosen, I predictably find that it's time to crap--I mean carp. Heh.

My two main gripes: Some of the winners simply cannot be representative of the best of original YouTube video, and in a way it's a shame that non-original material doesn't/can't get any recognition. I mean, isn't this the first time in history that many precious motion picture moments have become readily viewable by millions, on demand? Scopitones...The Nat King Cole Show...Morricone moments--this is the stuff of cultural history!

Anyway, congrats to OK Go for taking Most Creative with the treadmill routine for "Here It Goes Again"--that's a helluva video! UPDATE: The band is supposed to play the Apple Store SoHo tonight. Beware of crowd!

And here's something else that won me over: "Hotness Prevails/Worst Video Ever" by thewinekone. It's the winner for Best Commentary. I'd post it when the weather gets hot, but I think that would be too hard to bear.



Source (8:20)

No comments: