Tuesday, June 05, 2007

GREY GARDENS

Is it me or is it the Tony Awards? As you might recall, I was sad that Lauren Pritchard of Spring Awakening wasn't among this year's Tony nominees. And now that I've finally seen (and enjoyed) Grey Gardens, I'm sad again about another supporting actress--in this case Erin Davie, who plays Young "Little" Edie Beale. Her co-stars Christine Ebersole and Mary Louise Wilson got nominations, but I thought Davie also did laudable work in this, her Broadway debut.

Fun facts: Pritchard and Davie both hail from Tennessee! Davie says she was inspired by Cats--and now she actually gets to play a cat on Broadway!

Here Erin Davie signs autographs after tonight's show.
























And here's an artsy action photo of Christine Ebersole. Isn't it cool?

























Photo: David Marc Fischer

No comments: