Wednesday, December 12, 2007

WRITE-AID: THE FOLLOW-UP!

I had a good time last night at Write-Aid: A Comedy Benefit for (Striking) Writers. The fun began even before I got to Comix, as Andy Borowitz and I exited the subway around the same time. I'm so glad neither of us took a limo!

The show itself was most impressive to me in the variety of comic approaches. In addition to Borowitz, we heard routines from host Laurie Kilmartin, Bill Scheft, Jim Gaffigan, Nick Griffin, Brian Kiley, Robert Wuhl, and Alan Zweibel, plus group improv from Brian Stack, Andy Blitz, Miriam Tolan, Jason Mantzoukas, Michael (Conan) Komen, and Tami (30 Rock) Seger. There was dog humor, bacon humor, cookie comedy, parent humor, hammock humor, mineral humor, relationship humor, boy scout humor, classroom humor, Michael Vick humor, classic sperm bank jokes, and storytelling humor. And there were even some jokes about the strike!

Thanks to BAT friend Frank Santopadre for making it all possible!

No comments: