Friday, August 08, 2008


New BAT Challenge, Plus Results!

In the latest WHERE WAS I? my whereabouts have been ascertained to my satisfaction. Ellen wins the point, catching up with Deborah! Lots of ties at the moment!!
16 Debbie (Gold Medal and Attendance Award plus unredeemed Silver Medal and WWI? and Bronze Medal credits, plus February 2008 WWI? credit and a March 2008 redeemable point; includes two bonus points)
16 Gary (Silver Medal plus three unredeemed WWI? and one unredeemed Silver Medal credits)
16 Myra (includes Attendance Award)
10 Scott (Two Gold Medals plus two unredeemed WWI? credits)
6 Deborah (includes bonus point)
6 Ellen (includes bonus point)
3 David (Bronze Medal)
2 Daniela
2 Dolph (Bronze Medal)
1 bellj
1 Myron
1 Trapezia
- Luke N. Atmaguchi (has April 2008 redeemable point)
Debbie and Gary and Scott can still send in their own photos.


And now for a new challenge, which I call the WHOZAT: Out of all the celebrities I've spotted in New York City over the years, I think I've seen one more than any other. Whozat celebrity? Anyone can play, leaving guesses in the comments section using a distinct moniker so everyone can tell everyone from everyone else. Enjoy!

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll start things off. Is this person an artist?

David Marc Fischer said...

Yay! Hello! Thanks for starting things off!

The person is not an artist, or at least not known for creating art.

Anonymous said...

Is it a politician?

Anonymous said...

Is it a man?

David Marc Fischer said...

Sorry about the delay, Myra!

The celebrity is not a politician.

But the celebrity is a man--who does have some interest in politics.

David said...

Is the person a living writer?

David Marc Fischer said...

Yes, Dave--but he's not identified mainly as a writer.

David said...

Sounds like a famous person who may have written an auto-biography.

Has this person worked for the government?

David Marc Fischer said...

I don't think he's worked for the government—at least not in a conventional sense.

David said...

Athlete?

David Marc Fischer said...

Not in any sense, Dave.

David said...

I guess it was olympic fever.

Esthete?

David Marc Fischer said...

That's still Greek to me, Dave. You might want to look into this.

Anyway, he's not really thought of as an esthete.

David said...

Musician?

David Marc Fischer said...

There is a musician I've seen a lot, but that's not the man I have in mind.

Anonymous said...

Is it someone who appears regularly on television?

Jon Stewart?

David Marc Fischer said...

Not regularly these days, Myra. So not Jon Stewart.

David Marc Fischer said...

A slight amendment: He might appear on television regularly, but I have been unable to confirm that.

I think that, for all intents and purposes, my previous response holds up, but I thought I'd clarify things by muddying them up slightly.

Anonymous said...

Has this person appeared regularly in a sitcom, in the past?

Anonymous said...

Does this man live in the Village?

David Marc Fischer said...

He has appeared regularly on a sitcom in the past. I don't know where he lives...but I doubt he lives in the Village.

David said...

A Seinfeld alumni?

David Marc Fischer said...

Perhaps in spirit, Dave--but not in the show itself.

Anonymous said...

Is it someone from SNL?

David Marc Fischer said...

No, Sexy, he's not from SNL. To my amazement, I don't think he's ever been on that show.

Anonymous said...

ALF? :D

is this person older than you?

David said...

Is he younger than you?

David Marc Fischer said...

He is older than I am!

David said...

Mainly an actor or a comedian?

David Marc Fischer said...

Yes, Dave--mainly an actor or a comedian!

Anonymous said...

John Lithgow?

David Marc Fischer said...

Not old enough. And not enough of a comedian, Myra.

Luke N. Atmaguchi said...

Jackie Mason?

David Marc Fischer said...

Congrats, Luke--you've got the swoop!

I've seen politically active and outspoken comic Jackie Mason on the streets, in the (old) Plaza, and more than once at the Cafe Edison. I'm not sure I've seen any other celebrity more often over the years. He's a favorite of my Dad, who eventually met him once in the Catskills.