Wednesday, June 10, 2009


Now Playing: Twelfth Night in Central Park

Now is the Time to Get in Line!

Shakespeare in the Park's Twelfth Night
is now underway—through July 12! So prepare for miserable line experiences unless you want to pay for these free performances featuring Anne Hathaway as well as Michael Cumpsty, Raúl Esparza, Audra McDonald, David Pittu, Jay O. Sanders, Stark Sands, and Julie White.

Once again it's possible to get in a virtual line, so good luck with that! While you're waiting, here's a nostalgic look back at the horrors of the line for Hair.

UPDATE According to a security guy, those who got in line by 10:30 this morning were able to at least score vouchers for tonight's performance. I suspect the rate of line growth after that time was relatively slow, because I got there at 12:53 pm and I came fairly close to getting a voucher even though I had joined the line more than 9 lamp posts from the pedestrian crosswalk near the box office. But for those of you who care: I came home to find that the virtual line had come through for me! I just hope it doesn't rain on the show tonight....

UPDATE The stand-by line looked promising around 6:15 pm. At that time it extended back for two lamp posts.

No comments: