Wednesday, October 26, 2005

KILLER KLOWN KOINCIDENCE. The other day at Harmon Discount I heard a disembodied voice talking about a deadly alien clown menace. My heart skipped a beat when I realized that, just on the other side of the aisle, was a fellow fan of the 1988 film Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I quickly introduced myself to the guy and tried to help him persuade his son that this horror comedy was worth his time. Now it's your turn.

I first got a glimpse of Killer Klowns while watching hotel cable in the DC area. Memories of the scary-funny circus imagery stayed with me for years. Then an associate gave me the (bargain-priced!) DVD and I finally got to see the whole film, which is basically The Blob but with creepy clown types instead of a blob — genius! The DVD's commentary from the brothers who made the movie was full of the winning energy that powers their flick. (The same guys went on to do work for The Simpsons, Elf, and Team America: World Police.)

Consider Killer Klowns if you're in the mood for an freakishly funny Halloween flick. It contains some scary stuff (scarier than the average clown), so think twice before sharing it with little ones or other sensitive souls.

Killer Klowns fansites are here and here.

No comments: