Thursday, October 20, 2005

DVD NEWS. The other day I attended a panel discussion about the golf movie The Greatest Game Ever Played. As I listened to writer Mark Frost talk about this family-friendly flick, I remembered his work on Twin Peaks and imagined raising my hand and asking him “Who was BOB?” in the most Pee-wee Hermanic voice I could muster.

After the talk I stood next to Frost and decided to "break the ice" by telling him about my fantasy. He smiled and informed me that he’s still asked that question a lot. And he mentioned that Season Two of Twin Peaks would be released on DVD soon. Yet if you check out the listing on Amazon, you’ll see that the street date is December 31, 1969. Can you wait that long? I know I can't!

In more ascertainable DVD news, a “Special Edition With Flair” of Mike Judge’s cult favorite Office Space is scheduled for November 1. Same goes for Millions, an intense family film by Danny Boyle, maker of Trainspotting. It’s about kids with funny accents who happen upon a large quantity of moolah.

Yet another November 1 release is Orchestra Wives, which features Glenn Miller. I’ve long been intrigued by the title alone, but now I see that the Nicholas Brothers dance in it, too. A very big plus. Cesar Romero, Carole Landis, Jackie Gleason, and Harry Morgan also appear.

Finally, on October 25 Woody Allen’s Melinda and Melinda hits the streets.

No comments: