Monday, March 13, 2006

CARTOON CAPTION/ANTI-CAPTION CONTESTS CONTINUE! Let's begin by catching up with last week's Anti-Caption Contest #40 (woman smoking in bed beside a giant snow globe with a snowman theme). The winner was Jason with
"This is not what I had in mind when I wrote on my match.com profile that I liked 'snowballing.' I just meant that I like for guys to ejaculate in my mouth so I can spit it into theirs. This is sick!"
My submissions were
"I thought I'd find happiness after I quit the convent, but now I've got two bad habits to break! Ha!! (hacking cough follows)"

"Nick, does this thing have anything to do with The Game?"

"So, Bubble Boy...how does it feel to be a Snow Man?"

"So it's true what they say about Energizers!"

"Now I'm in the mood for Jon Stewart."

"This is why I love garage sales." (apologies to Scott Fitzpatrick)

"I had a ball. I really had a ball."
The selected nominees for the New Yorker's Caption Contest #40 are (as Dan Radosh already noted) better than usual. Radosh favors
"I think the Manhattan skyline is getting suspicious."
but I also like the other two:
"I just wish we could talk about something other than global warming."

"Well, that was abominable."
What was my entry, you ask?
"I wish I knew how to quit you!"
I should have used something from Crash.

The winner of Anti-Caption Contest #40 (church interior as down-and-out bar) is John with
"Hey! I thought this was a church! But it's not! It's in fact a bar!"
My loser was
"Harumph! Is there no end to Communion reform?"
Shifting over to Caption Contest #38 (living room scene with dog dancing), the winner is Gloria Feinberg of Philadelphia with
“That's the last time we brag about our kids.”
Congrats to Gloria, whose victory strengthens Pennsylvania's second-place standing!

Caption Contest #42 is here; Anti-Caption Contest #42 is here.

Image by David Marc Fischer using Samsung cameraphone

No comments: