Tuesday, September 05, 2006

CSNY IN NY. A week ago Sunday I went to the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Freedom of Speech '06 gig at Madison Square Garden. I thought it was great.

The set list emphasized political rock, especially during the first half. I'm sure this disappointed some folks, but, having expected that kind of material, I was impressed by how well it held together musically as well as thematically. I confess I've never paid close attention to CSN, which is why I was surprised by how much I dug S's strong guitar solos and the sound of the four guitars in tandem (abetted by a bass player).

Below is a wonderful vintage CSNY clip, which must be from David Steinberg's show Music Scene, previously presented here. Charities associated with the current tour can be found here.



Source

No comments: